Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Choices

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thought are fixed on you!  
(Isaiah 26:3, NLT)

In the midst of many life choices, it is easy to worry that you will miss a golden opportunity or choose the wrong path.  It is essential to stay in constant communication with God in order to determine his best way for you.  There are many roads to travel...but it is God who can direct your steps towards his best.

Help me to discern honestly my own gifts so that I may do the things of which I am capable, and happily and humbly leave the rest to others.
Jacob Boehme

Even though you might want to follow through with every opportunity, realistically, there is only so much one person can do in a lifetime.  Seek out which direction will best utilize the spiritual gifts God has give you.  Continue seeking until you have found not just a good way, but the BEST way.

Steer the ship of my life, good Lord, to your quiet harbor....Show me the course I should take.  Renew in me the gift of discernment, so that I can always see the right direction I should go.  And give me the strength and the courage to choose the course, even when the sea is rough...
-Basil of Caearea

No comments:

Post a Comment