Friday, December 26, 2014

Growth

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What can I learn from this experience?

How is God trying to change me?

Every problem we face is God-filtered.  He promises to never give us more than we can handle.

Every good and perfect gift comes from Him.

However:  WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.

If I have a lack of self discipline in my diet...over months I will gain weight and in time face the consequences of consuming too many fattening things!

However, if I run regularly and eat a balanced diet, I will reap great health in time.

I have found the key in this process is:  TIME.

After you sow goodness, love, self discipline, when you are practicing good stewardship and investing your time in worthwhile pursuits....do not expect to see results immediately.  Some crops take years before you can reap their harvest.

Conversely, just because you do not see the consequences of your foolish actions, this does not mean that you will not reap the fall out in time.

Sometimes people wonder if God is punishing them...I think most often God is not, but, the natural consequences of their foolish decisions are breaking their own hearts.

So be careful:  Keep on sowing LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, & SELF CONTROL.

You might not see the harvest from this crop as soon as you wish....but in time, you will reap what you sow.

Hosea 10:12
Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment