Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Lancaster

Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.
 
When I think of green pastures, I think of Lancaster.  I remember family vacations exploring the farmlands and learning about the peaceful way of life of the Amish. 
 
I remember driving up through Lancaster with Sarah Rausch, meeting our best friend Judith Allen. 
 
I can never forget the pungent small of the many dairy farms, and the lovely taste of Hershey chocolate from Lancaster. 
 
Today, when I'm doing my work, I will be snacking on my new favorite treat:  Lancaster Caramels
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kmsrz0_hyQ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment